Amid Biosciences | Protein Engineering Company
High Capacity Streptavidin Functionalized Magnetic Nanoparticles
Streptavidin functionalized magnetic nanoparticles with average size of 400 nm - Streptavidin SilaMag Nanoparticles (Catalog # SSMP-101-1 and SSMP-101-2) are made according to a modified Stoeber process by hydrolysis of orthosilicates and consecutive coupling with streptavidin. Biotin binding activity of the immobilized streptavidin is optimally preserved through proprietary functionalization procedure. Streptavidin SilaMag Nanoparticles are used for fast and specific binding, and separation of biotinylated molecules (proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, and small ligands).
- Affinity purifications of biotinylated substances
- Isolation and binding of biotin-tagged recombinant proteins
- Purification of antigens with biotinylated antibodies
- Solid phase binding assays with biotinylated substrates and ligands
- Cell separation and assay development.
- High binding capacity (greater than 1000 pmole of free biotin per mg of particles)
- High binding capacity
- Low non-specific binding to proteins and nucleic acid
- Fast magnetic separation
Catalog # SSMP-101-1 and SSMP-101-2
Streptavidin SilaMag Nanoparticles supplied as 1 mg/ml in 10 mM PBS, 0.05% NaN3, 0.01% Tween 20, 0.1% BSA, pH 7.4.
Precautions and Disclaimer
Streptavidin SilaMag Nanoparticles are for laboratory use only. The storage buffer contains 0.02% sodium azide which is toxic. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
The suspension should be stable approximately three months stored at 2-8 °C. DO NOT FREEZE. Freezing will damage bead structure.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on ice packs. Please contact email@example.com for shipment estimates.For custom orders please contact firstname.lastname@example.org