High Capacity Streptavidin Agarose Beads
Streptavidin Agarose Beads are a high affinity biotin-binding chromatography resins prepared by conjugating purified streptavidin to crosslinked 4% agarose beads. Biotin binding activity of the immobilized streptavidin is optimally preserved through proprietary coupling procedure. Streptavidin agarose is used for fast and specific binding and separation of biotinylated molecules (proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, and small ligands).
- affinity purifications of biotinylated substances
- isolation and binding of Strep-tagged recombinant proteins
- purification of antigens with biotinylated antibodies
- solid phase binding assays with biotinylated substrates and ligands
- High binding capacity (approximately 30 ug of free biotin per ml of resin)
- Leak-resistant immobilization of streptavidin and low nonspecific binding at a variety of binding and elution affinity chromatography conditions
- Suitable for gravity flow column, spin column, and batch purification procedures
- Streptavidin content is about 2 mg per ml of settled agarose beads
Catalog # SA-101-1
Streptavidin-agarose is supplied as a 50% suspension in 0.1 M sodium phosphate, pH 7.2, containing 0.15 M NaCl and 0.02% sodium azide. 2 ml of the 50% slurry is equivalent to 1 ml of settled resin.
Precautions and Disclaimer
Streptavidin-agarose is for laboratory use only; not for diagnostic, drug, household or other uses. The storage buffer contains 0.02% sodium azide which is toxic. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
The suspension should be stable approximately two years stored at 2-8 °C. DO NOT FREEZE. Freezing will damage bead structure.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on ice packs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipment estimates.