Amid Biosciences| Competent Cells and Protein Expression Vectors
DH10B Electrocompetent E. coli Cells
The DH10B electrocompetent E. coli cells are suitable for cloning and propagation of large size plasmids (10-150 kb in size). DH10B strain is known for stable replication of high-copy number plasmids and demonstrates improved cloning efficiency of mammalian DNA containing methylated cytosine or adenine. The high transformation efficiency makes them ideal for generating cDNA or genomic libraries.
Electrocompetent DH10B E. coli cells are supplied as a pack of 10 convenient single use aliquots (50 µl/tube).
Chemically Competent DH10B E. coli cells are also available.
Bulk quantities and custom packaging are available at very competitive prices for all Competent Cells.
Catalog # EDH10B-201
F- mcrA ∆(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) φ80lacZ∆M15 ∆lacX74 recA1 endA1 rpsL150(StrR) araD139 ∆ (ara, leu)7697 galU galK λ- nupG
Quality Control Testing: Transformations are performed using 50 μl aliquots of cells and 50 pg of pBR322 control plasmid.
Features and Benefits:
- Transformation efficiency: ≥1x 1010cfu/µg pBR322 DNA
- Improved cloning of large plasmids and BACs due to constitutive deoxyribose synthesis
- Efficient transformation of both methylated and unmethylated DNA from genomic DNA, PCR, cDNA and many other sources due to the lack of methylation-dependent restriction systems
- Increased yield and quality of plasmid preparations due to mutation of nonspecific endonuclease I (endA1)
- Suitable for blue/white screening via lacZ-based α-complementation
- Recombination-deficient (recA1)
- Streptomycin resistant
- K12 Strain
- Economical price
Storage: at -80°C.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on dry ice. Please contact email@example.com for shipment estimates.
Usage: This product is intended for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use.
Durfee et al. The Complete Genome Sequence of Escherichia coli DH10B: Insights into the Biology of a Laboratory Workhorse. (2008) J. Bacteriol. 190 (7): 2597.