Phage Display TG1 Chemically Competent E. coli Cells
TG1 chemically competent cells can be used for phage display, antibody phage display library construction and screening, cloning, sub-cloning, and protein expression. lacIq gene encoded on F’ episome allows tight regulation of expression vectors that contain an E. coli promoter under control of a lac operator sequence, like T5, tac, trc.
TG1 chemically competent cells are supplied as a pack of 10 convenient single use aliquots (100 µl /tube).
Electrocompetent TG1 E.coli cells are also available.
Bulk quantities and custom packaging are available at very competitive prices for all Competent Cells.
Catalog # TG1-201
F’[traD36 lacIq lacZ ∆M15 proA+B+] glnV (supE) thi-1 ∆(mcrB-hsdSM)5 (rK- mK- McrB-) ∆(lac-proAB)
Features and Benefits
- Transformation efficiency > 108transformants /µg pBR322
- Useful for preparation of phage display libraries
- Amber suppressor (supE): UAG>CAG(Gln)
- Appropriate for blue/white screening by α-complementation
Storage: at -80°C.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on dry ice. Please contact email@example.com for shipment estimates.
Usage: This product is intended for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use.
1. Clackson et al. Making antibody fragments using phage display libraries. (1991) Nature 352: 624
2. Pini et al. Design and Use of a Phage Display Library. Human Antibodies with Subnanomolar Affinity against a Marker of Angiogenesis Eluted from a Two-Dimensional Gel. (1998) JBC 273: 21769