2X TSS Bacterial Transformation Kit for Fast Preparation of Competent E.coli Cells
Transformation and Storage Solution (TSS) is used for the preparation of competent E. coli cells in a single step and to transform the cells without heat-shock. Amid Biosciences' TSS is optimized version of solution described initially by Chung et al. (1) and contains DMSO, PEG, Mg2+ salts, along with proprietary additives. This solution allows rapid preparation of the competent cells with typical transformation efficiencies that range from 105 to 107 cfu/µg of DNA, however, the transformation efficiencies up to 108 can be obtained for some E. coli strains.
For applications that require high efficiencies (e.g. library preparations, transformation of ligation reactions), Amid Biosciences’ selection of ready-to-use Chemically Competent or Electrocompetent Cells would be a good choice.
- Fast preparation of competent cells.
- Suitable for various E. coli strains (DH5a, HB101, JM109, XL1-Blue, and etc.)
- Transformation cells without heat-shock.
Catalog # TSS-BTK-201
Kit Components & Storage
- 2X TSS: 10 ml. Store at -20 °C.
- SOC medium: 20 ml. Store at -20 °C or 4 °C.
- Control pUC19 plasmid DNA: 100 ng. Store at -20 °C.
Shipping: Product requires shipping on ice packs. Please contact email@example.com for shipment estimates.
This product is intended for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use.