DH10B Chemically Competent E. coli Cells for Cloning Large Plasmids
The DH10B chemically competent E. coli cells are suitable for cloning and propagation of large size plasmids (10-150 kb in size). DH10B strain is known for stable replication of high-copy number plasmids and demonstrates improved cloning efficiency of mammalian DNA containing methylated cytosine or adenine. The high transformation efficiency makes them ideal for generating cDNA or genomic libraries. The DH10B chemically competent E. coli cells are supplied as a pack of 10 convenient single use aliquots (100 µl/tube).
Bulk quantities and custom packaging are available at very competitive prices for all Competent Cells.
Catalog # DH10B-201
F- mcrA ∆(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) φ80lacZ∆M15 ∆lacX74 recA1 endA1 rpsL150(StrR) araD139 ∆ (ara, leu)7697 galU galK λ- nupG
Features and Benefits:
- Transformation efficiency: 1-5 x 108 cfu/µg pBR322 DNA
- Improved cloning of large plasmids and BACs due to constitutive deoxyribose synthesis
- Efficient transformation of both methylated and unmethylated DNA from genomic DNA, PCR, cDNA and many other sources due to the lack of methylation-dependent restriction systems
- Increased yield and quality of plasmid preparations due to mutation of nonspecific endonuclease I (endA1)
- Suitable for blue/white screening via lacZ-based α-complementation
- Recombination-deficient (recA1)
- Streptomycin resistant
- K12 Strain
- Economical price
Storage: at -80°C.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on dry ice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipment estimates.
Usage: This product is intended for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. Not for diagnostic or therapeutic use.