Amid Biosciences | Protein Engineering Company
Streptavidin SilaMag NanoBeads
Streptavidin SilaMag (d ~ 400 nm) are streptavidin conjugated silica coated magnetic nanoparticles with average size of 400 nm. Streptavidin SilaMag NanoBeads (Catalog # SSMP-101-1 and SSMP-101-2) are made according to a modified Stoeber process by hydrolysis of orthosilicates and consecutive functionalization with streptavidin. Biotin binding activity of the immobilized streptavidin is optimally preserved through proprietary coupling procedure. Streptavidin SilaMag NanoBeads are used for fast and specific binding, and separation of biotinylated molecules (proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, and small ligands).
- Affinity purifications of biotinylated substances
- Isolation and binding of biotin-tagged recombinant proteins
- Purification of antigens with biotinylated antibodies
- Solid phase binding assays with biotinylated substrates and ligands
- Cell separation and assay development.
- High binding capacity (greater than 1000 pmole of free biotin per mg of particles)
- High binding capacity
- Low non-specific binding to proteins and nucleic acid
- Fast magnetic separation
Catalog # SSMP-101-1 and SSMP-101-2
Streptavidin SilaMag NanoBeads supplied as 1 mg/ml in 10 mM PBS, 0.05% NaN3, 0.01% Tween 20, 0.1% BSA, pH 7.4.
Precautions and Disclaimer
Streptavidin SilaMag NanoBeads are for laboratory use only. The storage buffer contains 0.02% sodium azide which is toxic. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
The suspension should be stable approximately three months stored at 2-8 °C. DO NOT FREEZE. Freezing will damage bead structure.
International Shipping: Product requires shipping on ice packs. Please contact email@example.com for shipment estimates.For custom orders please contact firstname.lastname@example.org